The Humanities Intensive Teaching and Learning (HILT) Institute
The Humanities Intensive Teaching and Learning (HILT) Institute will be held June 3-7, 2019 on the campus of IUPUI in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Registration for HILT courses and housing will begin on November 6th. Confirmed special events will include excursions to Indianapolis cultural heritage institutions and nightly dine-arounds.
We've got an exciting slate of classes taught by incredible instructors. Courses for HILT 2019 include:
- Black Spatial Humanities led by Kim Gallon
- Collections as Data led by Thomas Padilla and Mia Ridge
- Digital Humanities + Latinx Studies: Doing Work that Matters led by Carolina Villarroel and Gabriela Baeza Ventura
- Getting Started with Data, Tools, and Platforms led by Brandon Locke
- Help! I'm a Humanist- Humanities Programming with Python led by Ethan Reed and Brandon Walsh
- Image Analysis with Deep Learning led by Taylor Arnold and Lauren Tilton
- Introduction to the Text Encoding Initiative for Black Digital Humanities led by Jessica Lu and Caitlin Pollock
- Text Analysis with Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing led by Katie Rawson
As always, HILT offers sponsored student scholarships are available to full-time enrolled students, early career scholars (terminal degree within 5 years), and current employees of galleries, archives, libraries, and museums. Apply Now by visiting our scholarship form. We also provide group discounts of 25% off registration fees for any group of 5 or more. Discounts cannot be combined.
- Standard: $975
- Early Career Scholars and Cultural Heritage Professionals: $775
- Student: $550