IU CINEMA: Äideistä parhain (Mother of Mine)A post-screening discussion will follow the film.
This year marks the 100th anniversary of Finland’s independence. Äideistä parhain follows the story of a young Finnish boy, Eero, who is temporarily sent to Sweden during the Second World War to live with a Swedish family as a foster child. Told through the eyes of a child, the film gives exceptional perspective to language identity and how the war affects an individual who cannot choose his own path. In Finnish and Swedish with English subtitles. (Digibeta Presentation)
This screening is sponsored by the Finnish Program at Indiana University, department of Central Eurasian Studies, Inner Asian and Uralic National Resource Center, Norwegian Language and Scandinavian Cultural Program, Baltic and Finnish Studies Association, and IU Cinema.This partnership is supported through IU Cinema’s Creative Collaborations program.
- Saturday September 16, 2017 03:00 PM
- Saturday September 16, 2017 04:45 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Contact Email
- Free, but ticketed.
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.