IU CINEMA: Inina Ptnaq Na Bcingan (Finding Sayun)DIVERSIFYING EAST ASIA
Inina Ptnaq Na Bcingan is a debut feature by Taiwan’s indigenous Atayal director Laha Mebow (Chen Chieh-yao). The film is shot in an Atayal village and features a cast of primarily nonprofessional indigenous actors. Centering on the legend of Sayun, an Atayal girl who drowned while carrying her Japanese teacher’s belongings at the end of World War II, the film brings together three generations of villagers as they engage with a Taiwanese television crew investigating the fate of the original Sayun. In Mandarin and Atayal with English subtitles. (HD Presentation)
- Sunday October 15, 2017 03:00 PM
- Sunday October 15, 2017 04:45 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Contact Email
- Free, but ticketed.
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.