IU CINEMA: LovingDIVERSITY ● DIFFERENCE ● OTHERNESS
This period film, inspired by a landmark Supreme Court case, focuses on Richard and Mildred Loving, an interracial couple living in segregated, 1950s Virginia, a state where miscegenation laws were still in place. Quietness hallmarks the storytelling, mirroring the silence of the Southern landscape. While the Lovings’ story is filled and fraught with legal battles to have their union recognized, filmmaker Jeff Nichols chose to focus the lens on the intimate connection they share. Critics hailed the Loving story as a quotidian, quiet love story that illustrates the American experience. (2K DCP Presentation)
- Sunday October 22, 2017 06:30 PM
- Sunday October 22, 2017 08:30 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Contact Email
- Free, but ticketed.
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.