2017 IUPUI Regatta Tug of War Competition
Introducing the Regatta's newest contest: Tug-of-War!!
If there is ever a time to play tug-of-war in the water, now is as good a time as any! This canoe-based event will be beginning around noon on race day, September 23rd. There will be 3 divisions, consisting of 10 teams total per division. Divisions include Men, Women, and Co-ed.
Be sure to view our social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) accounts for a demo of this race.
Terms & Conditions
1. Registration will open on August 28, 2017, and close after 10 teams have registered for each division. A $20 fee will be due at the time of registration.
2. Each team must consist of two paddlers who are IUPUI students, or alumni, and are over the age of 18. Each paddler must complete a Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement form the day of the event before participating.
3. All paddlers must wear personal flotation devices (PFDs), which will be provided.
4. All paddlers must be properly attired to participate. No clothing shall be worn that displays profanity or obscene language. Closed toe shoes must be worn when in the canoe. Please come dressed appropriately.
5. The boat must meet all rules found below or it will be disqualified.
6. If you are unable to participate for any reason, you have until Wednesday, September 20, 2017, to unregister and your deposit will be refunded. If you are a no-show the day of the event, your deposit will not be refunded.
7. Paddlers must arrive no later than 10 minutes before their heat start time on the day of the competition, 9/23/17. Reference the map below for check in.
8. Have fun!
Competition Structure & Rules
1. The competition will test each team’s strength and endurance.
2. Teams will compete in a randomly generated double elimination bracket competition.
3. A new heat will start every 15 minutes. Each team will be assigned a start time and must arrive 10 minutes before that time.
1. If you are also competing in the 2017 Regatta canoe race and your start time conflicts with your heat for the race, please contact Anila Podila at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Two matches will be occurring at one time.
5. Splashing other teams, purposefully tipping the canoe, and trying to make contact with other canoes in not permitted.
1. Any of these may result in a penalty or disqualification.
Judging & Prizes
Medals will be awarded to the first and second place from each division.