IU CINEMA: St. Louis BluesThe film will be preceded by a musical performance in celebration of Ella Fitzgerald’s 100th birthday.
St. Louis Blues is a biography of W.C. Handy, focusing on a preacher who thinks his son should reserve his musical talents for the church. The film is packed with some of the most important African American stars of the mid-20th century: Nat ‘King’ Cole, Eartha Kitt, Cab Calloway, Mahalia Jackson, Pearl Bailey, Ruby Dee, and Ella Fitzgerald. Print courtesy of the Academy Film Archive. (16mm Presentation)
This screening is sponsored by the Sage Collection of Costume and Fashion, Pamela J. Schlick Fund, and IU Cinema. This partnership is supported through IU Cinema’s Creative Collaborations program.
- Monday March 19, 2018 07:00 PM
- Monday March 19, 2018 08:45 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Free, but ticketed.
- Contact Email
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.