Faculty Men Allies for Gender Equity Workshop
The CEWiT Male Faculty Advocates invite you to join them on April 23 for the Faculty Men Allies for Gender Equity Workshop. To date, 66 men across campus have been trained at one of our workshops to be an Ally, and 95% recommended others to participate.
Created at the request of CEWiT Male Affiliates, this interactive men-only faculty workshop equips men to serve as effective allies for gender equity. The session allows participants to learn, ask questions, have candid discussions, and practice skills through scenario-based exercises.
Our goal is to inspire attendees to take action and make real progress in advancing cultural change and responsibility within their own departments.
Learning goals for participants include:
1. Understand the context of gender inequity in academia, and with a focus on the IUB campus
2. Be introduced to relevant concepts and literature, including unconscious bias and male privilege.
3. Use scenarios to practice Ally skills.
4. Obtain resources to assist personal development and to share with others.
This workshop will be facilitated by Simon Brassell (Professor of Geological Sciences), Matt Zink (Associate Business Analyst at UITS), and Edward Hirt (Professor of Psychological and Brain Sciences).
Please RSVP via THIS FORM.
- Monday April 23, 2018 12:00 PM
- Monday April 23, 2018 01:30 PM
- Walnut Room, Indiana Memorial Union
- Contact Email