Fulbright-Hays DDRA Information Session
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://iu.zoom.us/j/916485686
2018–19 Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad competition for students interested in pursuing doctoral dissertation research outside the U.S.
The Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA) Program gives doctoral students the opportunity to conduct full-time dissertation research abroad in modern foreign languages and area studies.
A student is eligible to receive a fellowship if he or she:
· Is a citizen or national of the United States or is a permanent resident of the United States;
· Is a graduate student in good standing at an institution of higher education in the United States who, when the fellowship begins, is admitted to candidacy in a doctoral program in modern foreign languages and area studies at that institution;
· Is planning a teaching career in the United States upon graduation; and
· Possesses adequate skills in the language(s) necessary to carry out the dissertation project.
Important deadlines to note:
· Internal IU Review Deadline: Friday, June 15 by 5:00pm
o This deadline is for the budget and human subject narrative ONLY. Both documents should be submitted as a PDF to Duke Gatsos (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email. Students will be notified of any needed changes.
· Final Deadline: Friday, June 22 by 5:00pm
o The final submission deadline has yet to be announced but will likely fall on June 29. The 6/22 deadline will allow the University Graduate School and the Office of Research Administration enough time to review applications and submit the institutional application. Please ask your letter writers to submit their letters of recommendation by June 22 as well. The application materials must ultimately be submitted by Indiana University (not the student) through the G5 system.
For questions regarding the Fulbright-Hays application, please contact Duke Gatsos, Graduate Fellowship & Awards Coordinator, at email@example.com or 812-855-1362.
For help brainstorming, drafting, and revising your applications, we encourage you to contact the GradGrants Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Consultation services are free and can be done in-person or online.
- Monday May 21, 2018 12:00 PM
- Monday May 21, 2018 02:00 PM
- Woodburn Hall 200
- Duke Gatsos
- Contact Email
- More Contact Info
- Other Info
- Sponsoring Unit(s)
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA) Program