SAVI Data Literacy Training: Module 2C--Create and Use Survey Data
Surveys can be a cheap way to collect extensive data. In this module you will learn the different ways that survey data can be collected and analyzed.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to create surveys
- Understand survey samples and estimates
- Analyze and interpret survey results
Find this in Module 1A: Framing the Problem:
- How to frame problems so that you have a specific and measurable question that can help you meet your goal
- What you want to accomplish with data (so that you can determine which data will meet your needs)
Find this in Module 2A: Finding Existing Data:
- What data already exists, and how to choose the right data source
We have a new registration system for SAVI Talks events and Data Skills Training which requires that you create a Participant Profile. (This is a one-time process; you do not need to recreate each time you sign up for an event.)
When you click the Register Now button, you will be redirected to the registration environment.
Click Sign Up in top right corner and follow prompts. Don’t worry, you will not be signing up as an IU student even though it references student. (This is an IU proprietary software used by several schools so they defaulted the text to that effect.)
If you prefer, sign up for the event first and at checkout, you will be asked if you have a Student Profile.
If you do not have a profile, please click on the Sign Up button and follow the instructions.
If you have an account in this system, choose “Yes I do.” You’ll be asked to log in with your credentials. You don’t need to have an IU account to log in. If you do not have an IU account, select an option under “Use third party account to log in.” You can use Facebook, Google, Outlook, and Yahoo accounts to log in. We will not receive any of your information from that third party account.
If you have any questions, please call 317.274.2455.
- Thursday September 27, 2018 09:00 AM
- Thursday September 27, 2018 11:00 AM
- Matt Nowlin
- Contact Email
- Sponsoring Unit(s)
- The Polis Center