Deadline: Application for Fall 2018 Practicum to Combat Human Trafficking through Education
IU's Center for the Study of Global Change is partnering with the nonprofit Alliance for Freedom, Restoration, and Justice (AFRJ) to accelerate learning on issues and practices critical to ending human trafficking.
Human trafficking is a complex problem that requires comprehensive solutions, and we’re looking for graduate-level students from programs around IU to join our interdisciplinary team.
The Practicum to Combat Human Trafficking through Education is a for-credit course through the School of Global and International Studies (SGIS-X 573 , 3 credit hours).
During Fall 2018, you will:
- Work as a team in small groups to help design an online certification to help business professionals and leaders contribute to ending human trafficking
- Dive into critical issues surrounding human trafficking, with input from practitioners around the U.S. and the world
- Leverage research-based models for developing engaging online courses
- Help us raise awareness across IU about the realities of human trafficking and how to end it
The Fall Practicum will run from August 20 – December 14, 2018, with weekly meeting with the entire cohort, additional, flexibly scheduled, small group meetings, and expected monthly benchmarks. The course will be overseen by IU faculty. Meeting times and locations to be determined by students and faculty after enrollment.
All graduate-level students are eligible to participate, including those in the School of Education, College of Arts & Sciences, Kelley School of Business, School of Global and International Studies, School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering, School of Public Health, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, the Maurer School of Law, etc.
- One page statement of your interest in this initiative and your potential contributions and relevant experiences (“Statement of Interest”)
- Resume or CV (3 pages maximum)
- One sample of relevant work, such a demonstration of your experience or interest in pedagogy (ex. course syllabi samples or work with course design) or your interest in issues connected to human trafficking
Submit all application items to the IU Center for the Study of Global Change at email@example.com by Monday, August 13th, 2018 with the subject line: “Human Trafficking Practicum Inquiry”.
- Monday August 13, 2018 11:00 PM
- Monday August 13, 2018 11:45 PM
- Contact Email
- Sponsoring Unit(s)
- Center for the Study of Global Change