Faculty Men Allies for Gender Equity Workshop
The CEWiT Male Faculty Advocates invite you to join them onOctober 24 for the Faculty Men Allies for Gender Equity Workshop.
Created at the request of CEWiT Male Affiliates, this interactive men-only faculty workshop equips men to serve as effective allies for gender equity. The session allows participants to learn, ask questions, have candid discussions, and practice skills through scenario-based exercises.
Our goal is to inspire attendees to take action and make real progress in advancing cultural change and responsibility within their own departments.
Learning goals for participants include:
1. Understand the context of gender inequity in academia, and with a focus on the IUB campus.
2. Be introduced to relevant concepts and literature, including unconscious bias and male privilege.
3. Use scenarios to practice Ally skills
4. Obtain resources to assist personal development and to share with others.
Lunch is provided, and seating is limited. So, please register HERE so we can plan accordingly.
- Wednesday October 24, 2018 12:00 PM
- Wednesday October 24, 2018 02:00 PM
- Bryan House
- Contact Email