IU CINEMA: Arrivederci Saigon
Writer/Director Wilma Labate is scheduled to be present.
Five young girls, equipped with musical instruments and a love for singing, leave from a small town in Tuscany to start a tour in the Far East. They dreamed of notoriety, but found themselves in a war. The year is 1968, and the war is the real one: the Vietnam War. After 50 years “the Stars” talk about their adventures among American soldiers, military bases lost in the jungle, and singing soul music. This documentary recounts the history through the eyes of its subjects, Rossella Canaccini, Franca Deni, and Daniela Santerini. In Italian and English with English subtitles.
- Saturday April 20, 2019 07:00 PM
- Saturday April 20, 2019 08:20 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Contact Email
- Free, but ticketed
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.