IU CINEMA: Detour
Called a milestone in American cinema by Martin Scorsese, Edgar G. Ulmer’s Detour carries film noir into the realm of existentialism. On his way to join his girlfriend in Los Angeles, down-and-out piano player Al Roberts (Tom Neal) hitches a ride with con man Charles Haskell (Edmund MacDonald). When Haskell mysteriously dies, Al assumes his identity and runs into a new set of troubles when he picks up a hitchhiker (Ann Savage) who uses his lies against him. The film has been restored by the Academy Film Archive and The Film Foundation in collaboration with Cinémathèque Royale de Belgique, The Museum of Modern Art, and the Cinémathèque Française. Restoration funding provided by the George Lucas Family Foundation.
- Sunday January 13, 2019 01:00 PM
- Sunday January 13, 2019 02:08 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Contact Email
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.