IU CINEMA: Easy Rider
50th Anniversary Screening
Considered a landmark road film of the 1960s, Easy Rider chronicles the search for freedom by two motorcycle drifters who invite an alcoholic lawyer to join them on their liberating journey to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay (written by Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, and Terry Southern) and directed by Hopper, the film helped mark the birth of New American Cinema. The film also employed a rock ‘n’ roll soundtrack, featuring songs from different artists and labels, not written specifically for the film. This was unheard of for the time, and the concept opened the door for the modern movie soundtrack. Contains mature content, including drug references, nudity, violence, and strong language.
- Sunday February 24, 2019 01:00 PM
- Sunday February 24, 2019 02:35 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Contact Email
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.