IU CINEMA: Year of the Woman
A post-screening discussion will follow the film.
Poet, activist, and journalist Sandra Hochman and an all-female crew documented and participated in the radical interventions of the Women’s Movement at the 1972 Democratic National Convention. These activists and filmmakers challenged media anchors, including Walter Cronkite, on the limited coverage of African-American Democratic Presidential candidate Shirley Chisholm. This rarely screened, recently restored film is a celebration of female filmmaking and feminist political action and includes appearances by Gloria Steinem, Liz Renay, Betty Friedan, Flo Kennedy, Coretta Scott King, Shirley MacLaine, and many others.
- Monday April 22, 2019 07:00 PM
- Monday April 22, 2019 08:27 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Contact Email
- Free, but ticketed
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.