JAGSTART Mentoring Workshop2019 JagStart Mentoring Workshops The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR) launched the JagStart pitch competition to support students and development of their ideas. By encouraging entrepreneurially oriented students to develop their ideas and teaching them to present them in a persuasive manner, we are developing the next generation of innovators. The competition provides students with a real-world forum where they will receive constructive feedback from local experts in the community.
Students who participate will have the opportunity to learn how to:
• Create a compelling idea, for a new product, service, or venture (either commercial or not-for-profit)
• Present an idea to others, clearly and concisely, in a three-minute “elevator” pitch format.
• capture and retain the attention of possible sponsors, investors, or other potential supporters in our community.
CANVAS SITE ENROLLMENT: https://iu.instructure.com/enroll/JHNCLL
Eligible students should submit a 2-3 page outline of their idea by Monday, January 21, 2019 prior to completing the final entry. This pre-entry information will allow the JagStart mentoring team to provide feedback on your idea, and provide mentoring/coaching assistance to the selected teams for preparation of the Final Entry round of the contest. Students may request to be paired with one of our volunteer business mentors (an industry professional that is matched to the team based on the mentor’s expertise and background) to refine their project idea for the next stage of entries.
To submit your idea abstract, please go to the online form at the following link: http://go.iu.edu/286a
- Tuesday January 15, 2019 11:00 AM
- Tuesday January 15, 2019 12:30 PM
- CC 259 (Kimball Boardroom)
- Karen White
- Contact Email