IU CINEMA: They Shall Not Grow Old 3D
On the centenary of the end of First World War, Academy Award-winner Peter Jackson (The Lord of the Rings trilogy) delivers an extraordinary new work showing the Great War as you have never seen it. Using state-of-the-art technology to restore original archival footage which is more than a 100-years old, Jackson brings to life the people who can best tell this story: the men who were there. Driven by a personal interest in the First World War, Jackson set out to bring to life the day-to-day experience of its soldiers. After months immersed in the BBC and Imperial War Museums’ archives, narratives and strategies on how to tell this story began to emerge for Jackson. Using the voices of the men involved, the film explores the reality of war on the front line—their attitudes to the conflict, how they ate, slept, and formed friendships, as well what their lives were like away from the trenches during their periods of downtime.
- Friday May 24, 2019 07:00 PM
- Friday May 24, 2019 08:39 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Contact Email
- $4 IUB students, $7 non-students
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.